Thursday, August 4, 2011

Class of 2015


 INTRODUCING: Kathleen Forrest (Deerfield HS)

1. What has been your proudest achievement so far?
My proudest achievement so far was reaching 1000 varsity career points this year as a three year varsity player.

2. What do you expect to be doing ten years from now?
In ten years, I picture myself teaching high school history or maybe involved in mission work or a program like the peace corps.

3. How do you define “success?”
I define success based upon how happy I/a person is. I am successful if i am happy in what I am doing regardless of what i have or how much I make.

4. How would you describe yourself to someone who did not know you?
I would describe myself as someone who people can turn to if they need anything. I would also say that I am a pretty loud and outgoing person but I also know when to be serious. I love music, and I have a very big "you get what you give" outlook on life.

5. If you could talk with any one living (or deceased) person, whom would it be and why?
If I could meet one person it would be Mother Teresa, because she is someone who chose something to live by (her faith) and did everything in her power to pursue it and that it much easier said than done. I also find it extremely admirable that even someone as strong as her can acknowledge her flaws and highlight them, to show people being a person of such strong faith isn't impossible.

6. What about you is unique?
I am unique because I was part of a club at my high school called best buddies. Best buddies is a national program that creates friendships between high school students and els students which are either mentally or physically handicapped students. We hang out with the els students and go to social event with them.

7. What do you want to get out of your college experience?
There are many things i want to get out of my college experience. I want to be a more confident and better person, I also want to have made many strong and lifelong friendships. I want to have an education that will prepare me for a good teaching job as well as life in general. I expect to have a great next 4 years at monmouth that will prepare me for whatever kid throws at me.

No comments: