Saturday, May 7, 2011

In the Scotlight: Kaley Corban



In the Scotlight: Kaley Corban

1. Three adjectives your friends would use to describe you are:
Energetic, organized, optimistic

2. What is something you’ve become involved in or experienced at Monmouth College that you didn’t expect to?
I participated in the Monmouth’s Got Talent show in the fall. I sang Something More by Sugarland. It was such a blast that I decided to sing American Honey by Lady Antebellum in the Scotlight Talent show this past spring.

3. What is something most people don’t know about you?
When I’m at school, I eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

4. Who is your favorite athlete (past or present)?
My favorite athlete is Derrick Rose. I saw him play in high school in a holiday classic tournament near my hometown and I’ve seen how much he has improved in the NBA.

5. What song would you pick as your anthem?
Little Miss by Sugarland

6. What is the last book you read?
Promise Me by Harlan Coben

7. What is your favorite movie?
Rush Hour 2

8. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
I would like to be able to read certain people’s minds in specific situations.

9. If you won $20 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money?
I would put a majority of it in my savings account. The other I would spend on vacation and shopping!

10. What’s it like to be a part of the Monmouth College women’s basketball program?
Being part of the women’s basketball program has benefitted me in so many ways. It has improved my social life here on campus and my team is like a second family to me. Our countless memories on and off the court made my freshman year so enjoyable. Our team has grown so close just after one year; I look forward to the following three years. I’ve learned a lot of life lessons through the basketball program as well. I now know what it takes to become a leader and I’ve learned that one must be able to bounce back from mistakes because they are going to happen. The basketball programs takes up a majority of my time when in season, but there is no doubt that I would have enjoyed college as much as I do if I wasn’t part of the basketball program.

No comments: