Thursday, June 2, 2011

Class of 2015

  

INTRODUCING: Jessica Howard (Galesburg High School)

1. What has been your proudest achievement so far?
Definitely this basketball season as a whole. We really came together as a family and worked hard every single day- which led us to the Elite Eight.

2. What do you expect to be doing ten years from now?
Hopefully I will have a successful career and be married. I also want to be a basketball coach at Galesburg.

3. How do you define “success?”
Success is working hard every day for something that you want and setting high goals for yourself and then achieving those goals. Anyone can be successful by luck, but not everyone can be successful by hard work and determination.

4. How would you describe yourself to someone who did not know you?
I would say that I’m pretty shy and quiet once I meet people, but after I get to know them and become comfortable I open up- and I’m a pretty easy going person. I also enjoy working hard for things that I want.

5. If you could talk with any one living (or deceased) person, whom would it be and why?
I would have to choose two people- choosing just one person is too hard. I would pick my Uncle Russell and Walter Steck, both of whom have passed away. I grew up being around my Uncle Russell all the time and he was my best friend, so getting to talk to him would be amazing. Walter was one of my dearest friends and family to me and I miss him every day. Both of these two also told the best stories, so I’d enjoy hearing some.

6. What about you is unique?
I love to read! My favorite book is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini is a close tie.

7. What do you want to get out of your college experience?
I want to receive a great education that will prepare me for the type of career that I choose, which I’m confident Monmouth will provide.

No comments: