Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Class of 2015


INTRODUCING: Korri Crawford (Elmwood High School)

1. What has been your proudest achievement so far?
Making the winning free throw in the South Fulton Tournament my Sophomore year.

2. What do you expect to be doing ten years from now?
I plan on living back in Elmwood and working as a Physical Education teacher. I also hope to be a basketball and golf coach with a small family. If everything goes well I want to start working towards a masters and continue teaching in a high school setting.

3. How do you define “success?”
Success for me isn't working towards someone else's goal. Success is committing and working hard towards something you want and reaching your own goals, maybe even working past it, and proving to yourself you are stronger than even you knew.

4. How would you describe yourself to someone who did not know you?
I would describe myself as an outgoing person once you do get to know me. I love watching any kind of sport, but I mainly enjoy playing basketball and golf. I like listening to others problems instead of talking about my own. I find myself to be more of a leader than a follower in most situations. I love to joke around and I can sometimes be a little to sarcastic. My family and friends mean everything to me and they are the best support system I could ask for.

5. If you could talk with any one living (or deceased) person, whom would it be and why?
If I could talk to one person I would choose Pat Summitt. She is an amazing person and shows a lot of character. She has made it through the world of double standards with girls basketball and has become one of the most successful players and coaches to ever work with the game of basketball. I would take any advice she threw at me, and of course bring up Geno Auriemma as much as possible.

6. What about you is unique?
I can write a rap song in about five minutes, I love photography, and I recently discovered a talent for landscaping in a class I thought was a waist of time.

7. What do you want to get out of your college experience?
I want to meet as many new friends as possible while still staying focused on school. I want to obtain a degree is something I will love and be able to brag about the College I came from. Education is clearly supposed to be the number one focus in college, but I hope that I have a lot of fun and I don't become so stressed that I can't experience all college has to offer.

No comments: